Liberty Coin was authorized by the Gold Bullion Act of 1985. The Liberty coin is 22 carat gold and is made from 91.67% gold, 5.33% copper, and 3% silver. The copper makes the coin more durable.
The United States of America Liberty Coin has changed for the first time since 1985. After almost 4 decades, we now have a Type 2 Liberty Coin, released in 2021. The type 2 coin is spectacular in every respect.
The Type 2 coin has the following features:
* Lady Liberty holding a torch and an olive branch with the rising sun and the White House behind her
* Circular frame of stars
* The word 'liberty'
* Mintage year of 2022
Reverse Design (new design)
* Detailed facial portrait of a bald eagle
* The Latin words 'e pluribus unum', translating to the US motto: 'out of many, one'
* The words 'in God we trust'
* United States of America country stamp
* Gold weight stamp of 1 oz
* Face value
The United State America Liberty coin represents our Nation’s heritage, principles, and aspirations.
The type 2 coin is in high demand. Not everyone will be able to purchase the coins of their choice due to production limitations. We currently have the 2021 and 2022 coin in stock. This post is for a 1/4 ounce Liberty Coin (face value $10).